It can be used in a wide range of applications such as:
- Drinking water
- Washing fruits, vegetables and meats
- Prolonging the life of flowers in vases
- Hygienic benefits
- Removing mould growth in drain pipes
- Ozone destroys not only bacteria, but also chlorine residues that cause unpleasant smells and tastes.
- Ozonised water can be used in coffee, tea or whiskey and will make your drinks taste fresh and good.
- Ice is commonly contaminated with bacteria and foreign matter so it is advisable to fi llice trays with water from the aquazone.
Ozone water kills surface bacteria that cause cut fl owers to decay. It also contains extra oxygen that will result in improved shelf life of flowers if they are washed and kept in ozonised water. In addition, the water in the vase will remain cleaner and fresher for longer.
Ozone water will also keep leafy vegetables fresh. It not only kills bacteria but also destroys ethylene gas that causes vegetables to wither. Kept in a plastic bag after rinsing with ozonised water and placed in a refrigerator, leafy vegetables will stay fresh and crunchy for three to four days longer than if rinsed in non-ozonised water. This feature is of great interest to commercial concerns, such as restaurants, as there will be very little food discarded if treated and kept with ozone.